Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Move/Copy Instance to a different level

joefrench

In a nested family table, is it possible to copy or move an instance from one level to another?

Example: The family table shown below is a subset of a higher family table. I need to move or copythe Instance "PRESS_72" from "400_CLEAN_ROOM" to "400_WHITE_ROOM".

View attachment 5613

400_TON Instance Level

View attachment 5614

"400_WHITE_ROOM" Instance Level

View attachment 5615

I have tried to export the "400_CLEAN_ROOM" table then import it to the "400_WHITE_ROOM" table but I would apparently need to have all of the columns in place. There are 57 different columns that would need to be added and I'd like to avoid having to do that. I've also tried to Patternize the "400_WHITE_ROOM" instance without success.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Edited by: joefrench

I assume that number of colums are same and arranged in same fashion in both level.
Then,
You can copy the whole raw from "400_CLEAN_ROOM" to "400_WHITE_ROOM". No need to enter columns again.

No....that's the problem. I should have specified that. Not all of the columns are entered. I'd assume that needs to be done. Dang....

Copy whole table from "400_CLEAN_ROOM" to "400_WHITE_ROOM".
Then edit it.It will be easy because as I see that at present only one instance is there in "400_WHITE_ROOM".
You edit family table in excel to save some time (Because easy copy/paste in excel)

yes... that is easy option.(Table>File>Edit in excel)
or
you can export as .tbl file and import whereever needed.(Table>File>inport/export)
Edited by: s_pme20

Ok. I tried both ways (copy and past in excel and export as a table file and import) and both ways wiped out all of the columns. It seems the columns need to be in place and in the correct order for this to work.

No need to have columns predefined for export/import.
And also, you are copying between instances of same part.So, table should be compatible and there should not be any problem
smiley5.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back