Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Motion Envelope

rework

Hello All ---

I have a roller that is following a cam path in a mating part. I can make the envelope of the roller, and am searching for a way to use the envelope to cut the cam path. Is there a way to do this, and how does one give this info to a 5-axis mill? The cam path is 3-D, so I cannot use a paper profile.

I am using Creo 2 with Mechanism Dynamics.

Thanks --- rework

All--

After struggling with this issue, I find I can draw a spline curve at the intersection of the cam blank and the Motion Envelope (.prt) of the Roller (both sides), Then by applying a 'Boundary Blend' to both curves, and a 'Solidify', I can cut out the Cam Surface. This procedure leaves me with an error in the Cam Surface since I have to spot the spline curve points by eye. I attempted to do an 'Intersect' to no avail. Is there an exact procedure for this exercise? Any help would be appreciated. By the lack of response, I assume this is a trivial problem or a very difficult one.

Thanks again --- rework

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back