Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

molded part - thickness analysis

dora

<DIV>

Hi!

I have a molded part ( gun handle) andI have to make a thickness analysis.

Is there, somewhere, a tutorial about thickness analysis?

thank you!

Dora </DIV>

In the help files under fundamentals, there's a pretty detailed explanation of the thickness check

We use a program called 3D caliper when we do a wall thickness check on our parts. It will analyze an entire model in a few seconds. You set up our limits and it will report results that are outside the limits. It is really a handy little tool.

http://www.itools-software.eu/

Thank you, audctrl !!!!!!!!!!!

I think this is exactly what we need.

I am going to check on 3D caliper :)

Your very welcome. You can set it up so that it is a drop down menu along the top of the screen. My only complaint about itis it will report distances across a corner. For example two corners with a round on the edge. It will report that as a thin wall. You can also export the analysis to an html or pdf file with pictures. It is a great tool to quickly see where you have thin wall conditions. We have made it standard practice to include this report on our machined parts from castings.

If you like I can send you an example of what a report looks like. Just send men an IM.

Aud
smiley20.gif

Edited by: audctrl

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back