Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Modifying existing model

zstatus

Hello

I have an already modelled spur gear but i need to modify it slighty. Im trying to extrude a hole through the middle to represent where a shaft would slide through and i would also like to change the thickness.

Oh and is there a way i can cut off 3/4 of the gear so i can runan analysis on just 1/4 of the gear?

Thankyou for any help

Also first post so wasnt sure which topic to use.

Thankyou

should have beenin modeling or part modeling but anyway...

So what's keeping you, modify the part.
smiley1.gif
Put a hole thru the center and for the thickness , see what feature in model tree gives you the thickness and modify that. And you can make a protrusion cut to cut off 3/4 from the model (but why do this, it's a simple part the analysis will not take long to do), you simplify the models if you need to run a assembly analysis that will take longer, and you know thatthey have no influence on the analysis,but for a simple part I don't think it's necessary to simplify it.

I have a suggestion: if this model that you have is used in another drawing or it's already being produced, then it will probably be better not to modify the actualmodel but to make an instance for the new one or to make a duplicate (intralink) or save a copy (without intralink).

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back