Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Modeling from slices - newbie question

bogtom

Hi everyone. First of all I have to say that I am totally new to Proe, a friend of mine lend me his laptop for the week (with Proe installed in it) and I don't know much about this program. I am more into constraint free modeling softwares like amapi for instance...

Here's my question : I have an iges file with slices (closed curves), all parallel, all with the same number of points. I would like to "blend" them into one surface. The thing is that I have the famous twist problem when using the Boundary Blend tool, but I can't seem to manage to change my starting point. When I grab the white dot and try to roughly place it where the surface wouldn't twist, it just returns to its original position when I release the mouse button. I don't know what can I do.

I tried to import the IGES file as a sketch, which seems to start well for in this mode I can see all of the points of my curves and I can see where the "0-points" are but I can't manage to reaffect the startign point to another.

I hope all this is clear enough for someone to help me!

Try to use"control points" in the boundary blend, that way you can control "your twist"

//Tobias

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back