Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

modeling aircraft model with Solidworks

valvolo

here I am faced with a new model. I prototype in order to obtain a good mold in fiberglass. I thought to create the 3D model and then derive a lot of sections cut from 4mm to cnc with my small CNC machine and then fill the crude model and then refine. Having said this, I started to search the Web for a ready-made templates, but nothing. Then I went back looking for the triptych on the site of the manufacturer of the aircraft's true (www.iconaircraft.com).
I turned the drawings in dxf (as best) and then I switched to SW by entering all three views on the plans front, top and right.
then I started to match the various points of the Track View of the center lines .... I thought it was a walk instead of obtaining the model in 3d soon I found myself asking: What now?
will post some material on the spot where I was stranded, maybe someone knows how to direct me in the right way to make a good model.
THANK YOU.
TONY MICCOLIView attachment 5003
Edited by: valvolo

nice model, i do think you will get more "solidworkspecific" answers in the solidworks section
smiley2.gif

Regarding the attachment of the zipfile, use the litttle button with a oldstyle disc on it. (next to the camera icon)

//Tobias

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back