Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

model won’t regenerate or roll forward

cloughna

Heres my problem.

I've been working in this part file (using it as a master... creating a bunch of different bodies and then "save body"ing them out to separate parts), and everything has been fine.

Today I rolled back the model about halfway to modify some splines, and now this.

check out the image here, it won't let me upload it.

As you can see, the model is rolled back so it is between "Max Comfort Topper (MxCT) bottom surface" and "MedACP OD curve project". Also, I have not manually suppressed ANYTHING.

So I suppose the question is this, why are some features grayed out even though they haven't been rolled back or manually suppressed?

Thoughts?

Chris - Do you come from a UG background by chance?

Is it possible that some of the features which are newer than the rollback contain a sketch, for example, which is used also in some of the older features? If so, you've essentially rolled back that sketch, which means you also rollback any feature which uses it. Does this make sense?

I've noticed this a few times, and it seems to do with the the way solidworks groups the parent/children in the feature tree.

Jim,

I've never opened UG, I would consider myself 60/40 Pro/SW with a total of 5 years experience (I work in a consultancy so we typically use whatever the client wants)...

If I understandyour suggestion, I don't think that is the issue.

Even if I grab the rollbar and drag it all the way to the bottom, all the features that were in a rollback state stay grayed out and can't even be selected.

Not to mention if I "roll to end", the system crashes.

I've got our Solidworks vendor working on it, if there is a clean resolution to all of this I will post it here.

In the meantime, if anyone has any thoughts on where else to look, I'm more than happy to do the digging myself.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back