Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

model vehicle using skeleton datums..

ginger

hi all,
i am gonna modeling a articulated vehicle using skeleton models. i don't know much about that...could anyone help me regarding this..

that is a lot to ask for on a forum.What do you know about skeletons? If you have used skeletons before I would say there are two ways you might go. For articulated members you would create with datum curves how the geometry should articulate. For example, if you going to layout the stroke of a single cylinder engine you would define first the angle of the cylinder length of the rod and lay that out as a series of curves. You might use a point or two at the intersection of the rod to the just center and another at the base where the rod connects to the crank.

Similar layout for a space boom. Similar layout for a tractor front end loader and again for a cherry picker.

One technique would assemble separate parts to the skeleton feature in assembly mode in a way so that the part does not walk around in a detail drawing.This last way allows you to mechanize the geometry using Pro/MECHANISM. I could elaborate on this last set more.

I could talk about this top down stuff for over sixteen hours without stop complete with examples.
Edited by: design-engine

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back