Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

model to frm template

Magicman65

Hey Guys,

I am just getting started into the pro-e world and was wondering if you could help me with an issue. I have created various components of a fixture all of which need to be detailed. My boss emailed me a few company layouts in the form of for example: a1cpl_2007.frm9 I havea few others but this should give you guys and idea. eitherway can anybody give me a step by step on how to go from my model part to this format? Thanks for everything and I hope you are having a good easter

A frm file is a drawing format file that usually contains the drawing border outline and titleblock information. In your config.pro file there could be a line that defines your pro_format_dir, which is where the formats are stored.

BTW the file should be a1cpl_2007.frm.9

What you have to do is create a new drawing with your part as the model and the .frm file as your drawing format. Then you place views of the model in the drawing, show dimensions, axes, geometric tolerances, etc. Create notes, symbols, etc.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back