Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Model dimensions displayed outside of par

silverado8405

Just noticed today that when I dimensioned a hole to a plate, based off the center datums that the dimensions were not locating correctly in the drawing. Instead one leg of the dimension would be on the feature, the other leg off in never never land. The only thing that I have changed recently was the alignment of the dimension text so it would align vertically on vertical dimensions instead of horizontally and that was almost a month ago and I have not noticed anything different until today. I've attached a picture of what I'm seeing.

dimensionissue.jpg

Edited by: silverado8405

Well after playing around with it for a bit here I've discovered that(so far) it only happens when I do a "direction" pattern. It doesn't do it for a axis pattern nor the dimension pattern. I have no idea why it's in the direction pattern only but I use that pattern quite a bit so it will be a tad frustrating for a while.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back