Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Modal analysis of assembly

npbuesch

I have a 5 piece assembly, 2 of which are a grouped in a sub assembly, that I am trying to perfrom a modal analysis on.

I am new to Pro E Mechanica, so I first started by doing the modal on one piece of the sub assembly. This piece had to be meshed with surface elements, clicking on one surface at atime(I was getting the "coincident nodes" error message), but it worked fine.

However, when I try the analysis on the entire sub assembly, I get an analysis error (something like "elements not created"). I think it failed b/c I couldn't get to the mated surfaces to mesh them, but I couldn't seem to get around this.

The other main assembly elements can be modeled with volume elements, so I feel like once i get past the sub assembly problem, things should work out fine.

This is probably something basic, but help is appreciated.

You can define the shell geometryin the part files. In the assy model define the material properties (I've had trouble with material properties transferred from part files) and use end welds or perimeter welds to connect the components. Then mesh & run your analysis.

Hope this helps

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back