Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Mock-up a Car Model in 80 Minutes

bowlofnoodle

With some free time this weekend, I put together a tutorial showing some techniques on how to mock-up a Nissan 360z car using the style tool. I kept it simple and focus on the major surfaces. With some dedication and focus, I managed to pull it together!

Creo Car Tutorial - Mock Up Nissan 350z in 80 mins Part 1
Creo Car Tutorial - Mock Up Nissan 350z in 80 mins Part 1 - YouTube

Creo Car Tutorial - Mock Up Nissan 350z in 80 mins Part 2
Creo Car Tutorial - Mock Up Nissan 350z in 80 mins Part 2 - YouTube

Creo Car Tutorial - Mock Up Car - Add Wheels Part 3
Creo Car Tutorial - Mock Up Car - Add Wheels Part 3 - YouTube

Attachments

• creo-car-tutorial-nissan-350z2.jpg
    creo-car-tutorial-nissan-350z2.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 16
I got to see some of that work. I don't see many people using the style tool. It would be good to see some other people's techniques.

I don't see many people using the style tool. It would be good to see some other people's techniques.

that is because on the forums rules Solidworks, Catia and Alias regarding product design.

Chances to find something ID related created in Pro/E are rare or minor. It does not mean Creo lacks the potential - oh no, but I think the price of ISDX and overall ease of use factor keep "designers" out of PTC child.

Note - it is rare to find users who use ISDX to build surfaces, instead they take advance of Boundary Blend or VSS.

I noticed Bart(DE) keeps maintaining major geometry in ISDX. I tend to avoid it. Curves - yes. Surfaces - not necessarily

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back