Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Missing Mechanica Solver

phanna

I have recently returned to using Pro/Engineer after 2 years away from modelling, and am trying to use Pro/Mechanica after 3 years of not using it. The version is 2001 and it seems not dissimilar from what I had used previously. The problem is, I think there are elements missing from the installed software. When I switch to the Mechanica application, I can create constraints loads and some form of simple analyses, but run is not available unless I've created a mesh, and then I can only output to an Ansys, Nastran or Cosmos file. Results are never available.

Although we have purchased the software, we are no longer subscribing to PTC support and maintenance.

Any assistance or advice would be appreciated.

you need to configure Mechanica during ProE installation. You need to give path of Mechanica where it is installed. If its not installed, install it and re-run the setup file in the Bin directory of your ProE loadpoint and during installation give path to where Mechanica is installed.

Israr

Thanks Israr, I have notified our CAD administrator (Inventor guy - has no idea about Pro/E) and hope that he can fix it. Seems you are around the clock helper here.

I am also having troubling using pro/mechanica motion. It is running in standalone mode but not within the Pro/engineer. In Pro/engineer when I choose applications->mechanica, the menu manager doesnot allow me to deselect FEM mode button. It opens in FEM mode and says mechanica not available at message line. I am using Pro/E wildfire 2.0. I have tried the procedure described above but in wildfire 2.0, the ptcsetup.bat file doesnot give option to write the path to pro/mechanica.

I would appreciate any advice.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back