Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

missing a file

george1668

I could not locate the file C:\ptc\proeWildfire3.0\i486_nt\obj ncp210q.exe I get this file missing error every time I start post processor in pro/NC
How can I get this file
Thanks in advance

Edited by: george1668

Please set config 'ncpost_type' to 'gpost'.. File which is missing is the one requiredto run ncpost. NC postis no more shipped with Wildfire.

Edited by: Shaumack

Thanks Shaumack, the "ncpost_type" is set to "gpost" as you stated. Tried it again with the same error message (missing that file)
Thanks again

Check if there isany conflcits between two config.pro files. I am pretty much sure that this file is required to run NC post and not GPost. Also to verify if you could startNC Post Processor from Application > Post Processor , check if it works when 'gpostpp_dir' is set to 'C:\Program Files\proeWildfire 3.0\i486_nt\gpost' . You can later point it to your post processor directory.

if you are still looking for this file, itwould be available from old installations may be 2001. Pro/NCPOST software files have been removed from the installation CDs Pro/ENGINEER releases as follows:

- Release 2000i, date code 2001110 (Last Build of 2000i).
- Release 2000i2, date code 2001090 or later.
- Release 2001, all date codes.

You can copy the ncp210g.exe and ncp210q.exe files from the <loadpoint>\machine_type\obj directory of a Pro/ENGINEER installation of an earlier release or date code than those listed above. Paste the files in the same location within the later Pro/ENGINEER release or date code. Copying these two files will enableyou to execute Pro/NCPOST by selecting #Applications #NC Post Processor.

Edited by: Shaumack

I tried the first two options with the same result, this is bizarre to say the least. I'll see if someone has an older copy based on the release date you listed.
Thanks much for your help Shaumack

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back