Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Mirrored merge

Y no replys for this post. Our proe gurus r not familiar to this feature?
smiley11.gif

Edited by: Asho Pulsar

This feature is created because the file was created using the Mirror Functionality, most likely to create a symetrical part

Anyone cancheck this feature while creating family table, you are selecting thefilters to be varied in the family table such as dimensions, features, parameters,etc.., In that merge part is one of the filter. Can anyone check this feature and reply me.

awaiting for your prompt.

Hai Ashok,

I think you created the part by using File>mirror part.

when doing this you have used "include all feature data". When you do this all the feature data will be copied and along with that you will see mirrored merge feature. This feature states that the part is a mirroed part and if you delete this feature, then all the features above this will be deleted. Note that, the features are all indipendent of the parent part.

Merge part option in family table deals with mege gometry and not the mirroed merge.

shankar

Hai Ashok,

consider that you have merged part 1 into part 2. Then using Merge part in family table u can call family table of part 1 into part 2.

shankar

Hi Ashok,

1.Consider that you createdsome feature in a part, say some plastic component for instance,using merge geomtry(Insert > Shared data > Merge/Inheritance). Let some 'mould insert'be the base part for those feature. Assume that you have a family table defined for this 'mould insert' (instances M1, M2, M3...). Now if you want different instances of the plastic component having M1, M2, M3... at different locations, then in the family table by using merge part in family table of plastic component, you can call the family table of Mould insert into the pastic component.

shankar

Hi shanka,

excuse me for late response,

I am starting from scratch, i mean i hav to model one part in sheetmetal that shud b taken as generic part or base part. In the base part itself how i can add the mirrored merge feature. That merge inheritance greyed out after modelling one sheetmetal part. Can u explain me using any sheetmetal model.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back