Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Method server startup

jeremyhandler

<DIV ="forum">

We have a development Windchill server running Windchill 9.1 M040. The error below is what you see when you try to access the PTC login page after starting Windchill from the Windchill Shell.

BTW we have a SQL database

The error we get is e standard Http status 500 the server encountered an internal error
The server manager dialog window shows -start of method server timed out

Below is the log from the method server startup. It shows the following events I think are relevant. Attached is the full log. 2011-01-18_195543_MethodServerLog4j-5768.zip

wt.services.ManagerException: Could not initialize Auditing service.
2011-01-18 15:53:11,091 INFO [main] wt.method.server.shutdown.services - All managers shut down.
2011-01-18 15:53:11,091 ERROR [main] wt.method.server.startup.services - Unable to start all managers.
2011-01-18 15:53:11,107 FATAL [main] wt.method.server - MethodServerMain abort
wt.services.ManagerException: Unable to start all managers.
Nested exception is: (wt.services.servicesResource/21) wt.services.ManagerException: Unable to start manager: "wt.audit.AuditService" with implementation class: "wt.audit.StandardAuditService"
Nested exception is: wt.services.ManagerException: Could not initialize Auditing service.

So seems like there is a problem with the Auditing service in the method server which is aborting the startup.</DIV>
Edited by: jeremyhandler

Without looking into too much detail, I can tell you that sometimes this sort of error is due to some processes still hanging in the server even after you stopped windchill. Before restarting the server check for running processes still alive, specially Java processes which are the most common to cause this sort of issue. Sometimes we have had to kill those processes manually and then windchill restarts normally. I hope it helps.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back