Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Medical Models

MBarraclough

I require pro/e models for things like forceps, tweezers, scissors and various other medical/surgical items for a project I'm working on. Does anyone no of a website where I can downloadload these items, or can any member supply them to me? I could model them, but i'm trying to save time.

Nope sorry man, dont have any. I dont even think that you will get any cad models from suppliers.

I'll model them for a fee for you.
smiley2.gif

Paddy

I have may have a few 'four week comprehensive' students that would be glad to crank out a model or two for you next month in March. Can't garantee anything but in return they would only want a reference.
Edited by: design-engine

Martin,

Fortunately, there is a place where you can find these instruments. The website is Turbosquid (http://www.turbosquid.com/). Just type in the name of the instrument you are looking for in the search window.

Unfortunately, these are mostly Mesh file types, so Pro-E cannot import unless you are using the REX (reverse engineering extension) module. I do have a SolidWorks add-in (module), ScanTo3D, that can import these file types (requires mesh prep & other steps), then they can be converted into a surface module and then into a solid for exporting.

With the Scanto3D add-in, SolidWorks
can import these additional file types:

Mesh Files (*.NZIP;*.NXM;*.SCN;*.3DS;*.OBJ;*.STL;*.WRL;*.PLY;*.PLY2)

PointCloud Files (*.XYZ;*.TXT;*.ASC;*.VDA;*.IGS;*.IBL)

If you need help on this, let me know. My email is located in the contact information in the link to my website.

Regards,

Chris Thompson
www.appianwaytech.com

Pro/Engineer Wildfire 2.0 & 3.0 (including ISDX)
SolidWorks Office Premium 2007 & 2009

Edited by: c_thompson_68

Well I use other software programs too. For example Maya will let you read in one meshed triangleation and export another. I just save as a .obj file and drag the file over into a Pro/E window. Your better to do it with insert; shared data; from file. .stl file works the same way. I teach a REX class but prefer to rebuild my geometry so it is modifyable.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back