Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Mechanism Snapshots and Exploded views

mrfrog

I have an assembly of a door on a tray that I wanted toshow exploded in adrawing as open and closed. I modeled the door as a mechanism and took the appropriate snapshots in Mechanism. My problem is that I am unable to explode the snapshots.

Another option I tried was toposition the door in the open positionand then explode that. The problemthere is thatif I drag the door to the closed position it changes in the exploded view from open to closed. I would like one exploded view that has an open door, and another exploded view with a closed door.

I would rather not use a family table for this as it would create more models and the BOM would be messed up.

If you only want to show a view in a drawing.

Createthe exploded state in a open or closeposition and then you could create a shrinkwrap. Save as/ shrinkwrap. And show the shrinkwrap in one view (let's say open position) and show the assembly in another view (in close position). The shrinkwrap will be a dumb part with no "relations" to the original. So if you change the assembly you will have to create the shrinkwrap again.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back