Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Mechanism Help needed

tarunkp

i am having a camera (shown as blue box) to move in a groove (as shown). The yellow cone represents the field of vision of the camera. i want to animate the camera from its position in left of the groove to the right of the groove (its current position) and then rotate it clockwise to view more of the object in the end.
i have defined two servo motors- one for slider connection and other for pin joint at the right end (as visible). i am trying to take snapshots and then animate it using those snapshots but it does not let me do that. the camera always moves to the pin joint location how so ever i move it (left or right).
Even when i de activate one servo motor and take snapshots it does not let me animate it.

i would really appreciate any help. i do not know where am i going wrong.
View attachment 4894

i figured out what i was doing incorrect. instead of defining two joints which might become incompatible at a point (as they do), i defined a planar joint (has three joint axes) and used it to simulate the motion.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back