Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

mechanism constraint limits

sonics

Hello everyone... Bart got me to make my first post. My first week on Pro/E. I also used SDRC and Solidworks quite a bit in the past.

How do set-up and establish constraint limits in and assembly using mechanism? For instants, if I have and assembly that I need to travel up and down only in the vertical direction. or collision detection?

Edited by: sonics

Switch to Mechanism and edit Joint Axis setting. There -in the third "bookmark" are settings You are looking for.

thanks muadib3d I got it! This forum worth the time.

I thought there might be a way for one part to actually detect the other part for collision. So if a part would get bigger or smaller after the limit is established the value changes with the surfaces associated.

Edited by: sonics

You can make the limits 'grow' or shrink with the part.
For example, create 2 overlapping Joint axis settings which effectively stop the motion at each end of the intended travel. Just let the motion in the 'allowed' direction of each setting to be large enough to cover the maximum foreseeable motion. You may need to double up on one of the mechanism constraints to do this but it works fine.

brenyw

look here
smiley17.gif

[url]http://www.mcadcentral.com/proe/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=33 878&PN=1[/url]

bye

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back