Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Measuring cycle in manufactering

Tuupke

Hi, <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

With the purchase of a new machine at the company I work for, there has risen a problem.

The new milling machine is fully automated for 24/7 production time, the products are all very different en varyin seriesfrom 5 to 100 pieces.

Because we can't create fixtures for all of the products, we would like to determine the exact placement of the product in the machine with a measurement cycle (infrared tool) The measuring option is fitted to the machine and can be programmed on there. (Different cycles for all kinds of measurement)

What we would like to do, is program the cycle in manufacturing instead of on the machine. But as far as our experience goes with Pro/Manufacturing we don't know how to <?:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /></v:stroke></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:ulas></v:path><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shape></v:image></v:shape>

Is there anyone who has some experience with this or something of a sort?

If so please let me know.

Thnx. Antoine

I insert probing cycles into my operations by creating Auxiliary NC cycles. I just select the tool that I have defined as the probe and under Customize, either goto specific points or follow a sketch andinsert what ever commands I need to activate themeasuring cycle.

sjohnson said:
I insert probing cycles into my operations by creating Auxiliary NC cycles. I just select the tool that I have defined as the probe and under Customize, either goto specific points or follow a sketch andinsert what ever commands I need to activate themeasuring cycle.

Thnx for your quick response.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

We'll give it a try, but first we have to find how the probing cycles work on our current machine with a sinumeric control (840d).

There are some dialogs on the machine witch integrate the cycle, but when we write them into an iso file they don't look the same. But I think we will find a way.(just have to read the 300 pagesin the measurement programming manual)
smiley2.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back