Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

MathCAD 2 ProE integration with mm

Isair

After loosing 2 days trying to figure it out why does not working integration between Mathcad and ProE, I finaly figure it out, and now I want to share with u guys, so you don't loose time like I did.

So problem is, when working with mm units in MathCAD worksheet, as default units for lenght, after trying to integrate worksheet in ProE, ProE gives me error:
"The following variables have units which are not supported for feature creation"

After trying to go around this problem, I simply remove units from paremeter in MathCAD, create analysis in ProE and everything worked fine, but then I wanted to add units afterwards in mathcad worksheet, then applay in ProE, and ProE gives me this funny error:
"Pro/E does not recognize unit millimeter"
smiley4.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif

So this is funny if not sad, not be able to work with mm as units
smiley24.gif
smiley21.gif

Note to anny programer that will read this, although default units for metric systems, and Iso, are m (meters), engineer works with mm (millimeter)!

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back