Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

mates

Barney0885

Hi

Ive started a new job and having real trouble with mates. Deleted all mates of one part today in an assembly but still it would not move the part for me. Could it be anchored in anyway. Also what is the best way to mate/attach parts to a cylindrical or dome shaped surface within an assembly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Many Thanks Barney

Yeah I think it is in a fixed state but when I delete the fix symbol, loads of other parts in the assembly also delete. How doI get it to float.

Thanks guys, This is all very helpful.

Okay, now I'm concerned. Why would parts be deleted by removing the "fix" constraint? Sounds like there might be more to the issue...

I need to work this one out.
smiley5.gif

Have you made it flexible as Mihail suggested?

Edited by: joelewinski

I cant find that flexible or float option anywhere when I right click in the tree manager. It solidworks 2009 i'm using.

Cheers for your continued support guys.

For the FIX - FLOAT option:
must be there for each part (or sub assembly) at the assembly level.

A part in an assembly (or a sub assembly) can be either in a FIXED state - and you must see an (f) before the name - either in a FLOAT state - in this case it is NOT that (f).
If you SEE (f) then, when you right click you must see the FLOAT option, if uou NOT SEE (f) then, when you right click you must see the FIX option.

For the FLEXIBLE - RIGID options... sorry, my bad:
Right click the sub assembly and go to Component Properties. This will open a new window.
In this window you will see an area named Solve As with two radio buttons: Rigid and Flexible.

Note that when you start a new assembly the first part (or sub assembly) you insert is, by default, in FIXED state.
Also an sub assembly is inserted as RIGID.

Good luck !

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back