Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

mapkeys

mmead1014

Question One:
keyboard sequences will initiate mapkeys as we all know. Such as hitting "ae" may zoom extents while in a drawing. I want to set up a mapkey while a text box is open in a drawing. The problem is during a text box operation the letter keys are recognized as letters not as mapkeys. Can this mapkey even be accomplished?

Question 2:
What if I want to have a map key start with the "Ctrl", "shift", or "Alt" button. Are there symbols that can be typed in so the mapkey sequence will recognize those buttons? IE the "$" in front of the "F" keys.

Why would you want to create a mapkey from within a text box? Are you attempting to automate the creation of a string of text? It is my understanding that mapkeys are intended to automatetasks which require many button clicks, of which typing text does not.

I cannot answer your questions, butperhaps you can share with us exactly what you are trying to do, and we can think of another method?

Jim

Actually all I need it to do is hit the "ok" button on a text box without having to go back to the mouse. It's a long story as to why I need this, but it would be helpful. I know it probably doesn't make much sense and it would take a lot of typing to explain the exact reason.

I want the mapkey to be "Ctrl" (or a key like that) and the "Enter" key.

If its a text you need to edit try out this mapkey:

mapkey et #modify;#text;#text line;

Just put the line in your config.pro

It works this way: Type "et" and then on the text or dimension you want to edit.

If you start typing right away it will delete the exicting txt. If you dont want that hit the right arrow first.

After finishing your edit just hit ENTER botton. And just now pick the next text to edit!!! NOT "et" again. Smart and simple!
smiley2.gif

When you want out of the txt edit menu just activate the pro-e window with the green "check" botton.

PS: of course you can change the "et" (edit txt) to anything else or a F botton. The # menues are from old versions of Pro-E. Some of them still works and some are much more handy than the new interface.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back