Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

mapkey to change drawing scale

smores

Short version - I need a mapkey that can change the drawing scale (not detail scale -the drawing scale in the bottom left corner).

Long version - making a mapkey to automatically generate sheet metal flats. 98% there - but the only way I can set scale is to change the view scale - which leaves a note, which messed up my manufacturing group. I can have notes inside the perimeter of the part, but not outside. So that note has to go.

When I record changing the scale - it doesn't take - I've tried it several different ways.

I cannot find anybody else withthis problem- which tells me I'm doing something either wrong or stupid (or both). I'd appreciate some enlightenment.
Edited by: smores

Why not just set the default scale at the value you want rather than trying to change it?

Set default_draw_scale in config.pro

I could, but I'm trying to not mess everyone else up (10 person department).

Seems like such a simple thing...

telecomguy said:
Can you have your mapkey delete the scale note?

Yes, and it'sa kludge, and I hate it. I'm so disgusted by the way I accomplished it that I don't want to share. I feel dirty...

smores said:
I could, but I'm trying to not mess everyone else up (10 person department).

Seems like such a simple thing...
There are multiple config.pro files, the one in your $HOME dir is not shared. I also have several other config files that I load with mapkeys to control plotting and the like. You can do lots of powerful customization by loading special config files. No shame.

All you have to do is double click the drawing scale and change it. Why do you need a mapkey? Maybe I'm confused.

srieger said:
All you have to do is double click the drawing scale and change it. Why do you need a mapkey? Maybe I'm confused.

The goal is to have this as part of a large mapkey and to error proof the process. Putting up a "change your scale to 1" pause message seems silly (but I realize mapkeys are very limited in their abilities.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back