Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Managing Multiple data Servers in Pro\int

mohangv

Hi all

We have a problem in intralink that, we have two dataservers at two different locations, and for two persons using the same workstation we have to run the setup for changing the dataserver for their own, is there any way to user both the servers in single installation, is any body have an idea regarding this please let me know, here is my email id: [email protected]

Thank ypu.

Mohan.V

Yes it is possible. But I think the best solution is to have 2
installations on the client. One for each server. I also will recommend
to have different .proi folders.

1. Make the first installation
  2. clean registration database with regedit for all entities for intralink client
  3. Make the 2. installation
  4. clean registration database with regedit for all entities for intralink client
  5. Make .bat scripte to start the clients with correct environment.
I have done it even with different versions of Intralink.

What version af Intralink are you using?

It is possible to make a .reg file to remove the entities from regedit. I have make one, and I can sent you a copy if you like.

Regards

If both Intralink servers are the same version, you can happily use a single client to connect to both servers. I regularly connect to a few of our Intralink servers around the world by swapping the tnsnames.ora file in the startup scripts, documented here:

http://www.cadmin.co.uk/proi_multi.htm

Regards
Ed

Save following in a text-file with name 'ilink-reg-remove.reg'

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PTC\Pro/INTRALINK Client]

The easy way is like Proed explain. This is importent : DON'T MIX workspaces from different servers

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back