Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Machining regions

Cambmac

I have a number of square apertures to machine. First Iwant to pilot drill them, then plunge the cutter in these drilled holes and machine. Icreate one window for all the apertures, then goto custom,build cut & approach. I select the region then the pilot hole axis. I do this for each of the apetures. It all looks good but it doesn't work as the cutter does not start in the same place as the drilled hole. Can somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong.

I think you need to pick the axii for all the other regions as well. It should give you the option to pick for the individual regions as well.

Tony

We have always had a problem with this so we usually just break the reions down and create separate windows and machine them separately. A little more programing time but no more machining time.

you have to make an individual axis for each region for your tool so that it will plunge on the same location. It's better to make individual windows or volume to be able to manage your tool life effeciently, this doesn't give you more machining time but only more programming on your side.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back