Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Lost patterns

appinmi

I am currently using WF1. and have a problem when I do patterns in manufacturing. I don't have a problem with the first pattern, but when I pattern other features referencing this pattern, they work perfectly, until I start using them for cutter paths.

An example is, to create a series of datum curves, I pattern the first surface, I then create a second surface and pattern that referencing the first pattern. I then merge the two surfaces and pattern the merge. I create a "trajectory" sequence using the curve from the "master" of the pattern. I then create new sequences that use the curves formed from the pattern. After I do this to 4 or 5 of the patterns, that is when the "computer fairy" takes over. The patterned features disappear on the screen, but they show up when I highlight them in the model tree. Proe acts like they are not there, and all but the first sequence "crashes". Sometimes, I can suppress and resumethe patterns, (don't change a thing), and everything is back to normal. However, if I redefine the first sequence , maybe to change the RPM or feed rate, the others crash again until I manually regenerate the patterns.

Has anyone else had this problem? Has it been fixed in WF2. or WF3.? Please, someone shed some light on this.

No, I create all of the surfaces and datum curves first. Then I create each NC sequence independently, using the appropriate datum curve. I used to use patterning, but Proe got confused when it had to use different Coordinate system for each sequence.

sorry, i meant using copy and paste special on the sequences, since it is referring to patterned geometry. the patterns are not table driven, are they?

upload a sample file for us to see, is that ok?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back