Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Lost Default Colors on Startup

verge

Well, I was messing about a bit with my configurations yesterday, and this morning I had no yellow at all in my models or drawings (basically no color at all inthe drawings). Found the only way to have the colors back was to use

View-Display Settings-System Colors - Default

Then everything came back.

I noticed, though, that the default configuration file now is the copy of config.pro that I moved temporarily to my working directory, which is on the company server. I have a feeling that I need this default to be the copy on my hard drive. I had a similar problem with formats a while ago, they acted really funky while they were on the server, then they were fine when I moved them onto my hard drive.

How can I change the default configuration file location?

To change your default Config.pro file location do the
following:

1. <li ="Msonormal" style="">Locate
    the icon that you always launch ProE with.<li ="Msonormal" style="">Right
    click and select

Well, that seems to have pointed out the real problem - I'm not finding a file named syscol.scl anywhere on my system thus far. I guess I'll keep searching for a while. Seems very odd.

As I said, all I have to do to be rid of this problem is manually change my system colors to Default. There's obviously something going on here that I still don't quite have a handle on. Everything else is working perfectly.

Thanks for your help, Steve, I'll keep plugging away at it.
smiley2.gif

Verge,
After you manually change your system colors to Default, you can click on "file" at top and then save the syscol.scl file. Mine is in my proewildfire\text folder.

smiley32.gif
One post - one correct answer! Nice.

I had some files corrupted right about this time - looks like we had some security issues here or something, and the syscol file was totally gone. As I've said before on this forum: sometimes the solutionis maddeningly simple - one someone tells you what it is!

Thanks, Chris.

By the way, are you related to any Postmas from Michigan?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back