Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

looking for a good, cheap data mangement

I am looking for a good, cheap data mangement software. Or a process to keep proe files running correct. The company I am at does not want to spend lots of cash doing this because they think it will be OK for only a small group of designers to work together! Silly corperation. Anyway any Ideas?

I think I am getting my own network drive to operate from and the final product will be PDFs. (Stored in another location.)Only the designers/Engineers will be able to access the models & drawings.

Cheap and Good management software are pretty relative terms. Functionality costs and the less you pay, the less useful it will be.

PDMLink is a very good solution and something that I think is well worth the money. There is functionality that your managers probably don't even know that they need but I guarantee you, once the get it, they won't want to live without it.

It also is very flexible and expandable and able to grow with the companies needs. Much more cost effective in the long run than outgrowing something that has to be abandoned.

We are a small company and I believe every penny spent on PDMLink has paid off. It's much more than just managing drawings. You can manage other documents as well.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back