Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Logo to Sketch (.sec) creation

gryphon5

Hello,

Virtual newbie here. I am using Creo 2.0 for this current project. I need to take a logo and get it put on a surface. I have various formats available (dxf, jpeg, bmp, .ai, png, eps). I have tried creating a 'sketch' using the dxf file in both 'sketcher' and 'drawing'. In both instances nothing shows up on the screen.

I have tried following some examples found here (recycle symbol that was a .sec file) and following the directions. Nothing seems to be working.

Please, any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

In the model ribbon you can find get data tab from that you can find import u can get logo in the part u cant scale here

or

go to the sketch and u can find file system then u can import dwg and dxf files into the sketcher area and u can scale or reposition ur logo any where u want

In the old forum there were articles and tips and models with this type of information.
In this new forum we have policy white papers and nuts and bolts libraries.
Oh well.

Try this: import the DXF into a drawing. Then (if it doesn't have too many lines) you can easily scale it
Sketch > Scale

And move it down to the bottom left corner
Sketch > Translate

Hide your format-
Layout > Sheet Setup > uncheck Show format

Save as IGES

In the part, create a coordinate system where you want the logo to be placed

Then import the IGES
Model > Get Data > Import

You'll probably have to move around the datums to get the location correct

Then create an extrude or Offset

In the sketch use Project to select the imported curves