Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Logical Test Identifying Type of Parameter

sfarra

Hello all-

I was wondering if there is a way to write a logical test in Pro E 4.0 relations that would allow me to perform different actions based on the parameter type. For example: If a parameter called NAME_1 is a string type then it would perform one action but if NAME_1 were a real number type then it would perform another action. I doubt the existence of such a command as this cannot be a common inquiry but thought I'd give it a shot. I am tasked with writing a mapkey that can quickly update old parts to our new standard and this has become a roadblock for me.

Also as an aside, does anyone have a reference documenting the purpose and syntax of each function in Insert > Function... inside of relations? I have been able to find some but not a comprehensive list.

Thanks for your time

Check the help documentation:
Help > Help Center > Fundamentals > Fundamentals > Relations and Parameters > Relations > Operators and Functions Used in Relations

I'm not sure if you can do this with a simple mapkey, but can most likely do it with a toolkit app. You may also be able to simply write a mapkey without doing the logical test. Just simply modify all the parameters assuming they are wrong. The only time it would matter is if it's being used in a relation. I'm assuming you are trying to update more titleblock stuff rather than anything that would be in a relation.

Have you consider to use modelcheck? Modelcheck can update parameters and relations. It can check parameters and type and run different updates based on that. As I remember it can also change type parameter from one type to another. As I understand, this is what you are trying to do.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back