Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Lifting analysis in mechanica

alfordtp

I searched and found one lifting topic in this forum, but it wasnt very detailed. Can someone please help direct me to where I can learn or see some examples of how to simulate lifting an assembly in mechanica? Regards, Tim

It sounds like you have a mechanism you are trying to run, which you should do in the Mechanisms Kinematics (MDX) or Mechanism Dynamics (MDO) modules. There is motion in Mechanica, but the tools aren't as good. Mechanica is more for structural and thermal simulation these days.

What exactly are you trying to analyze? Position, velocity and acceleration? That would be MDX. If you are interested in incorporating gravity, inertia, and forces, and calculating things like reaction forces in joints, that would be MDX.

In the case where the analysis is to determine forces from lifting from lifting lugs, I would consider it a static analysis. I know that the analysis is kinematic (dynamic) because it is moving, but I am more looking for the stresses on the lugs. Ask more questions if that doesnt clarify. Thanks

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back