Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Layout &HTML

Isair

Hi
I'm not sure under what section should this question belong but closes I guess is this one.

I have one complicated layout and I have created html manual for it. Now I want to link text in layout to this html manual. This manual spouse to be in working directory on disk not on Internet.
Now i got 2 problems:
1. when I create link in layout text to my manual this link is fixed (for example D:\Projects\Project_A\Tutorial\Index.htm). When new user would use this files he wouldn't have same folder structure (this models are for another company which doesn't have the same folder structure), and link would be broken.
Question: is it possible to create link like: working_directory\Tutorial\Index.htm so it doesn't matter where files are and when user set working directory link is automatically updated?

2. In my html manual I used Named Anchor (using Dreamweaver) trough page and I wanted to link some of them to layout text but it seams that it couldn't recognize named anchor (for example link is: D:\Projects\Project_A\Tutorial\First Page.htm#external_dia) in links.
Links only work with full pages.

WildFire 2.0 M130

Any ides, techniques or suggestion?

Thanks in advance

Thank you
smiley20.gif

I have tried as you have suggested and it works.
Thanks for link also.
Edited by: Isair

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back