Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Layers According To View

wweii

Howdy,

Perhaps this has been answered before but I could not find it. I have a rather large
assembly and have just started working on the drawing. I have my beginning section and have started doing other sections and have noticed that for some reason the views are not using the Layer Status of the parent drawing. It is like they have changed to where each view is indepedent which is making me have to change the status on each single view. Is there not a way to make all views dependent on the status of the drawing layers so that I can just change its status and all views will update? I used to think that was default.

Two associated detail options (that I know of)...
ignore_model_layer_status
draw_layer_overrides_model

Think the first be what you want (sounds good, anyway. defaults to YES)

It was default. after WF layer became messed up. I have the same problem here. I don't have any good solution. Some time just blanking the top level in the drawing will fix it. But the next time you open the drawing it might be back to layers on. This can mess up your GTOL to so make sure they stay on. Wish PTC would fix this

After a while I restarted Pro E and for some reason all the views were back to depending on the top level. I have noticed this before. I am assuming this must be some glitch. I will try playing with the layer options as listed above next time. I saw those but was not sure what they meant and did not want to compound the problem. Thanks for your thoughts.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back