Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Large assembly Problem

amol.kinkar

Dear all,

I am working on foundation type of license. I am working with an assembly which consisit of pattern of bricks. The qunatity of brick is some where 12k to 13k so can any body have solution to handle such a large assembly.I have tried simplified representation to geometrick representation and such other representation. But couldnt get the solution.If any one have experienced to handled such a large aassembly please hlpe a needful.

amol

what is exactly the result You want to achieve?

You described Your conditions well, still I do not know what You want to obtain - faster retrival, spining etc?

What do you mean by "Handle"?

Working on it?

What is the RAM in your workstation? and what is the graphics card and driver?

i am working on dell workstation with 4 gb ram.But as the assembly is more than 12k brickks its bit difficult to use assemblu cut operation in it. Now i have created subassemblies for each level and assebly cut in it.

Amol

I do know that cut in assembly is fancy feature. It is even used by some companies to make "machined" parts - rough part + cut features in assembly mode.

But this is the biggest cause of problem with fluent work in Pro/E. Cut are often considered to be not use in assembly, to avoid them at any cost.

What is the reason You are using it? Maybe better, suited solution could be introduced instead of cuts?

please find the drawing with marked area.1_ having bricks with somwhere 12 to 13 k in numbers 2) this furnace has assembly cut for brick which is creating problems.So can somebody will help me in this.If i am trying to work with this huge assembly so its prompting an low mwmory problem.I am working on foundation license is that a problem.I have tried graphics representations and geometric representation help little bit but proble sitll exists

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back