Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Large assembly drawings too detailed

Rissler

Hope someone can help

The machines i design involve anywhere from about 500 to 5000 parts and the sales office in my company want some "pretty" drawings to give to reps/customers. i need to reduce the detail of the drawings to keep the filesize at a minimum when i export them from SW to Autocad.

I'm running SW 2009, is there a way to export just the basic outline of each component in the one assembly drawing without all the folding and machining detail?

Thanks
Rissler

Maybe I don't understand your need. But, for "pretty" drawings, you can SAVE drawings AS .jpg . Why you need to EXPORT it in Autocad ? Any way, as far as I know, when export as .dwg, only the drawing is exported. Not the features or anything else.

Good luck !

Edited by: Mihail

Sorry, i should have been more specific, the sales office use Autocad to copy the machines into full site drawings. Essentially they just need a bare-bones outline of the machine, whereas all i can produce currently, is a drawing full of multiple stacked lines where the parts are mated.

I've sorted out a couple of example images below. the first one shows a section of an assembly as it is exported from SW with all the unwanted detail and the second is the much cleaner/simpler version

img709.imageshack.us/img709/7070/jumbled.png

img231.imageshack.us/img231/1784/cleans.png

Edited by: Rissler

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back