Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Jog, what a useless feature in Proe

phoxeoy

Can anybody tell why Pro/E wont let me put a Jog on a single leader
line on a dimension? Example: A Radius dimension. I would really like
to know the reasoning behide this. Just to put a Jogged Radius
dimension I have to put it in as a note and then reference the note
back to the real Radius dimension just so it some what assiocative.
Same thing goes for breaks, Proe wont let me do that either on single
leader lines.

To add to that,

For drafting and editing a Line in the drawing mode. When we select the scketched entity (line in this case) there are various options on the RMB. the TRIM option (which sounds like it is used for cutting)is usefull for extending the line, but what if i want to reduce the length? I have to Use the BREAK option, but it leaves a small part of the line broken, ThenI select quit form the menu to exit the command
smiley7.gif
and then delete the unwanted piece.

These things make itvery tidious to sketch any thing in the drawing mode.

On top of that, can any one tell me why dosent My pro-e snapsto the centre of arcs and circles, while drawing a line through them? Also the auto constraints options works but, they appear very small on the screen (just a red dot) to make out what constraint is being suggested. Is there any setting that can increase the size?

The above problem about the snapping and constraints was working fine in my Previous Installation of Pro-e, But since i have changed the machine and also the licene I am going nuts
smiley7.gif
. To add to the general Info which may or may not be related to the above problem is that, Previously i had licence only for the basic module of pro-e, No sheet metal, no bmx, I was also not able to open two secissons of pro-e at a time.

You can put a jog in a dimension leader. Highlight the dimension, position your pointer over the leader line, rt click and "insert jog". it doesn't work on a radius dimension though.

write2bush:

When creating dimesnions, when you click on the dimension button, a menu pops up that reads "on entity", "Midpoint", Center, Intersect, and Make line, choose whichever suits you. Center will go to the center of whatever entity you choose. If you pick "on entity", it will pick the end of an axis line.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back