Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Issues with Saving (Intralink 3.4)

bazzafal

Myself and 5 collegues are using Prolink 3.4 still (upgrading to creo and pdm link in next few months)

One of us are having issues with saving the files that we have checked out to our workspace. He does some simple changes and updates to border and adds a sheet metal sheet (for dxf for cutting) and importantly he saves.

However the day after, when he opens up the same part and drawing, its back to its original state!!

How do you view the date of last saving a file in your workspace? He is the only one with this problem at the minute, so not sure if its an issue with his computer of the set up of pro e on his computer. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

After saving does the drawing show up in the workspace as having been modified? Is the session linked to the workspace correctly (ie he may have saved to a working directory instead of the workspace)

He is saving to the workspace, however I cannot "view" the last date / time of last saving the flie /drawing? Where would i see this?

When i highlight the part in workspace, right click and show information, it shows the created date, but not the last saved date? Is this visiable somewhere else?

I dont use Intralink any more but from memory the files are stored under your .proi folder on your PC if you search in there you should be able to find a file that was modified at the time that he saved it. The files are held here untill checkin

If you go in his workspace, and than right click. Than click on information. On one line is says created on, thats the date and time of the latest file in the workspace.

hope it helps

Bram

First does it say that it was saved successfully?

Second, is it a family table part. If so, you may need to purge and update the instance accelerator. I have seen this issue with family table parts. Primarily instances.

Yes I can see the save time of the files in the proi folder on the computers hard drive.

I havent got to check the computer belonging to the engineer out yet to see if his dates were up to date with when he was saving the files.

Just to eliminate the obvious, how large is his local.ddb file? If it's 2gb, it will not increase in size and when you save your information, it does not actually save your work.

Another obvious question.

When the models or drawings were saved, did Pro/E return any error messages in status bar e.g. "model cannot be saved into workspace". This sometimes happens due to instances not being verified or checked out into WS and usualy follows the Error pop-up window, where parts that are not checked out are listed. In this case you think you saved the files but they are actually not saved and if you close the session, all the changes are lost.

Hello bazzafal,

I think ur question is about how to see the All-
version of the that particular product.?

If is that then the answer is "When u select open it
will show the current active work-space. There u couldn't
find the allversion, now locate that workspace(ex:
C:\pro\ipcmk_wf4\.proi\ active workspace) there from tool
option u will get the Allversion"..

Hope could help for u in future
smiley2.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back