Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

isometric dimensions

chablue1

hi all,

is it possible to dimension a default/isometric view on a drawing.

i have changed the config to allow 3d dimensions but it still doesn't show

the correct dimensions.

any help much appreciated.

Hi Chablue1,

1. Create annotation feature with driven dimensions. Then in drawing, right click on the annotation feature,select "show dimensions by view" in pop up menu, and then select the isometric view.

(or)

2. Create sketches containing the dimensions you want to show. Then in drawing, right click on the sketch,select "show dimensions by view" in pop up menu, and then select the isometric view.

Regards,
Shankar

Shankar_me, when i went to my config file and typed in allow_3D_dimensions, it gives me a red circle....what am i doing wrong...

thanks

Chad

Hi Chad,

Just check the image bellow. The sketches that are selected in the model tree are the reference sketches and the option allow_3d_dimensions value in dtl fileis set to yes.

Regards,
Shankar

OK, Shankar, I've changed the .dtl file but now when I goto change the orientation in the properties menu it is greyed out. I've looked at all the .dtl & .pro files but can't find where or how to chages this.

This seems like a lot of trouble to show a dim that a machine shop would like to see it iso. if you can help me with this, that should be it.

thanks for all your help.

Chad

I've looked and tired to change it, but cant find it, which .dtl is it in? Also does this work with all moduals of ProE, we use ProE FlexEngr. We've used this in previous version (WF2, etc).

Chad

It should show up in the drawing.dtl and the active drawing.dtl files. If not, in the Option box down at the bottom start by typing text and the system should auto maticallyfill intext_orientation, place your cursor at the end of the line and press enter on the keyboard, and the Value options should appear.

I do not have a drawing.dtl. I have tried to put it in at the bottom and even a "find" but nothing comes up for text_orientation....I've looked in all of the .dtl files and can't find it where to change it.

It's no big deal, we were only going to use it as a convenience for the shop people.

Thanks for the help

Chad

Hi Chad,

Right click in the blank area of the drawing and then go to properties > drawing options. You will get the options/prameters for the drawing. you can then change the parameter value and then save the values into a dtl file.

Regards,
Shankar

thanks everyone
smiley1.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back