Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Isolate layer

i have installed WF5 and there are 3 buttons like your screencap up there just iconised : layer,setting,show
isolate is under layer dropdown in WF5.

We've not moved to wf5 yet, any idea where this is in wf4? There's nothing in customise/ commands/ all commands.

while the layer tree is showing, you must first select the layer you want to isolate, then the isolate command will show. If you do not select a layer first the isolate command is greyed out.

Glenn's presentation (where your initial slide came from) has revolutionized the way I use layers. I wish that PTC would bring the isolate command back to prominence and depreciate the 'unhide' command.

Oh, and I added an icon to a toolbar for isolate so I didn't have to go digging every time. I think it's also under the view menu in WF4.

Search for the 'Mastering Layers Q & A" thread here. Loooong, but very educational.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back