Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

is there a way

michaelpaul

does anybody know a way to have pro-E tell me which features have the "reference geometry missing, using alternate edge instead" error? right now, the only way I know of is to roll the model back and regenerate the model a few features at a time and whenever I see the error, go in and fix the feature. I don't know of a way to have all affected features highlighted int he tree or anything.

Is there an easy way or is this just another of PTC's "we do it this way and you'll like it!" features.

Michael

Instead of regenerating a few features at a time, you can force a regeneration by using model player. (BTW I'm on 2001)
When regeneration is done, you can check the message log (Info > Session Info > Message Log) and it should tell you which feature lost it's reference).

Another way is to check the model info (Info > Model), open the model info (which should be in your working directory) with notepad and search for word "missing".

Hope this helps.

Charles

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back