Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Is there a way to flaten surfaces

nofalloff

Pictured is a gusset that I modeled as a boundary blend surface. Is there a way to flatten it like a sheet metal part so I can print out a template?

Thats not how to model a fender in sheetmetal.If you insist creating the finder with a boundary blend then you design the tool and use a form feature in Sheetmetal using surfaces and deform (form feature) the sheetmetal in Pro/SHEETMETAL. Then to flatten you use the 'flatten form' functions.

Thanks Jecek, I that looks like what I needed.

Bart,

This isn't a fender. Are you saying I should do this as a sheet metal part by designing the tool first? Can you point me to any examples of better explanations of this?

Edited by: nofalloff

I think he was looking at that also. I used to work all the time in sheetmetal and metal fabrication, barts describing a process that MUST work within proengineer, adds uneccessary complication to the process.

There's nothing wrong with the way your doing it.

Paddy

there isn't a feature to flaten the surface of a blend, you can only change the blend type by re-defining its characteristics

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back