Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Is it possible to disable selection (NOT preselection)?

Edo

Hello all,

When working on very large assemblies and right clicking on a (large) subassembly to hide it, Creo spends a long time highlighting every single sub-component before letting me actually hide the parent. Is there a setting I can turn off to prevent wasting this much time?

Please note I am *not* asking how to toggle PRE-selection highlighting.

Thanks in advance!

are you looking for a way to turn off "preselect highlighting"? If so, (in creo 2 atleast, probably goes for all creo versions) then under File -options - selection , uncheck the box for preselct highlighting.

You can offcourse do the same thing in a Pro/E version, cant remeber where they put the option thoo... (google it)

Could work maybe.

//Tobias

I select the sub component directly, then right click and hold to have the context menu and select "select parent". It's faster than cycling through all the subparts with right mouse clicks

I select the sub component directly, then right click and hold to have the context menu and select "select parent". It's faster than cycling through all the subparts with right mouse clicks

Thanks for the tip - worked much faster indeed!

Edoardo

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back