Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Is it possible in PRO E?

Transparecy

here's a problem that I've run across regarding making a part transparent. If your in an assembly and you do View\Display Style\Transparent then when you switch the entire assembly to say hidden, or wireframe the component that you made transparent stays transparent. If you swith it back to shaded, then it stays shaded if you switch the assembly to hidden or wireframe.

Don't even think about performing a save status in this state as it will ALWAYS be this way from that point on. If someone knows something that I don't please let me know.

Attachments

• 11-8-2013 2-47-46 PM.jpg
    11-8-2013 2-47-46 PM.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 11-8-2013 2-56-22 PM.jpg
    11-8-2013 2-56-22 PM.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 11-8-2013 2-57-08 PM.jpg
    11-8-2013 2-57-08 PM.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 3
the problem with hide/unhide is that if the part is embedded in a subassebmly, when you want to unhide it, you have to find it in the model tree first.

if you change it to transparent so you can see what's happening underneath it, when you're done, you can still easily pick it on the screen and change it back to opaque.

like many things in CAD, there's more than one way to do something, just need to decide what the best one is at the time.

You can find the "hidden" components listed in the layer tree. You can unhide them from there. You could probably also use the Find command (but haven't tried it recently).

here's a problem that I've run across regarding making a part transparent. If your in an assembly and you do View\Display Style\Transparent then when you switch the entire assembly to say hidden, or wireframe the component that you made transparent stays transparent. If you swith it back to shaded, then it stays shaded if you switch the assembly to hidden or wireframe.

Don't even think about performing a save status in this state as it will ALWAYS be this way from that point on. If someone knows something that I don't please let me know.

If you look in your View manageer, under the "style" tab, you will se that your master style got a "+" sign after it. That means that the master style has been updated with your new choise ( ... where your component is transparent) You can now choose to make a new style rep that will have the component transparent or , you can update the master style by rightclick and save, or you can switch back to your "default" master style by doubleclicking on it.

//Tobias

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back