Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Inverse Simp Rep

geertdaenen

Dear All,

I was searching the forum for an answer for this, but unfortunately I couldn't find something helpful...

We are using simp reps of assemblies to create some BOM-lists of parts which can be manufactured, before the complete design of a machine is ready.
In our company we call this "Mechanical Batch Numbers" (MBN) of batches of parts we want to produce at one time.

In ProE WF3 we make some simp reps of each MBN. But now I was wondering if there is a way to create an "inverse" simp rep of another simp rep? What I mean is: a simp rep that includes all parts which are not yet included in another simp rep.
Does anyone have an idea to do this?

I think you need to look into Simplified Rep rules. With a little work, creating rules based on parameters may get you there.

Thanks for this file. This was really helpful.
I've tried to create some rules, but unfortunately I couldn't find the complete solution:

I've created a rule as shown in the enclosed screenshot.
The new simp-rep automatically contains the correct parts, but unfortunately they are invisible. And I don't know how to change this.
In the "Result Preview" I can see the status-icon "Exclude" and when I have a look in the view manager, all these parts are on the status "Master Rep" but the parts are invisible.

Any idea how to solve this, or what I'm doing wrong?

Attachments

• Simp_rep_rules.JPG
    Simp_rep_rules.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 14
  • View_Manager.JPG
    View_Manager.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 11

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back