Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Intralink Client - Firewall Exceptions

mdristy

I have installed Intralink 3.4 (M020) Client on a client computer. The only way I can launch and log into it successfully is by turning off the firewall on the Intralink Server computer.

What firewall exceptions (ports, programs) do I need to set (on the Server computer and on the client computer) in order to get Intralink to launch successfully on the client machines without completely turning off the firewall on the server?

Thanks.

I think I remember Intralink needing port 7777 open in the firewall.
Try setting your firewall to allow Intralink to use this port.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

Thanks, I did try this. I also have ports 1521, 1525, and 7788 open.

Unfortunately, it still doesn't work without fully turning off the firewall.

Are there any Intralink related programs that should also be added to the Exceptions list?

PTC tech support has not mentioned any.

I checked the Intralink Client batch files on both the client and server machines. They both already had PTCNMSPORT set to 1239.

Then I added Port 1239 to the firewall Exception list on both the Server and Client machines. This did not solve the problem.

But thanks for trying.

The problem was fixed by adding the following executables to the server's firewall exceptions list:

nfsserv.exe

nmsd.exe

oracle.exe

TNSLSNR.exe

Plus, the following ports are also on the exception list: 1239, 1521, 1525, 3617, 4814, 7777, 7788. (I don't know if they all have to be, though)

In all cases I set the Scope to "My network (subnet) only."

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back