Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Internal Sketch

SW

Not as far as I know. I spoke to technical support years ago and they said the ability to drag sketches in and out of features to make them internal or external was planned. We've not seen anything yet though.

Sam

I don't think internal sketches will make it harder to change the dimensions: change the selection filter to Features then just double-clicking on the feature in the main window will bring up the feature dimensions, as will right-clicking in the model tree and selecting edit.

Apologies if I've totally missed the point.

Sam

Top right corner (on Wildfire 5 that is, I think it used to be in the bottom left) there is a white selection box that probably says "Smart" at the moment. Change it to "Features". I have a mapkey set up to to change this, it makes working within assemblies much easier.

Sam

Yes, just change the selection filter then double-click on the feature. Right-click to cycle through available features before selecting, or right-hold to use the pick from list option.

Also, for some obscure reason PTC removed the message at the bottom of the screen telling you what you are selecting. Changing provide_pick_message_always to yes brings this message back to the top right of the screen.

Sam

I don't know about the Product View error. Try posting a separate question under an appropriate title.

Sam

Just regenerate -Edit-Regenerate- or hit Ctrl-G. I'm guessing you are fairly new to Pro/E and I would follow a few tutorials to get the basics.

Sam

Make sure you select the correct unit change option:

Convert - keep the size the same, change the numbers

Interpret - keep the numbers the same, change the size.

My students get mixed up with this sometimes.

mikekyrou: did you get it to change?

jeff, I used to work at the RTP BNR faculty in 1992 using Pro/E Back in those days I asked to go speak at North Carolina State on Pro/E and the professor never heard of Pro/E stating that they use AutoCAD. So much for North Carolina State. I hear they use Solidworks now.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back