Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Installation Problem

Geneg

I am trying to install W2 on XP workstation with a dual core processor. When I requested CPU ID, there were two different ##. I submitted the first one for a license, And now when I install Flexlm, it is asking for a different license # for second CPU ID. I called PTC support and they told me that I have to change something in the REGISTRY. They referred to TPI 22010.
<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>
Any clue what are they talking about?

Thanks,
Edited by: Geneg

The PTCCPU ID has nothing to do with your processor. It's your MAC address that it uses. If you have more than 1 network card you can have this problem and need to give PTC the right one or if you've already got your license codes then you can edit the registry and change the network card order so that it finds the one that you have your codes for first. See the TPI they mentioned for details.

Thanks for your reply. I am ready to do everything that you metioned, except for PTC knowledge base is down and I do not know how to do it.

Would PTC issue a new set of licenses?

Yes they would. You are free to move your licenses around and change CPU ID's. You can do it all online and don't even need to call. It's up to you to ensure that you de-install from 1 CPU if you move it to another.

They will and can issue you a different license. If you are a maintenance paying customer you can just go to the support page on PTC.com--> Order and License support --> Reconfigure Software --> Then you can move licenses from 1 MAC address to another. They should email you the new license in a few minutes.

Yep, They have issued me a new set of licences.

Different issue. I bought a foundation and added an advances assembly. I suppose that ProAssembly with skeleton modeling is part of it. Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks.
Edited by: Geneg

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back