Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

inspected dimension in text file

jruffsr

Is there a special string for the dimension symbol [box with rounded ends] that can be added to a text file that is read into a drawing?
Thanks in advance

Hi Jruffsr,

If you pick the dimension in question, right click on it to go to properties, in there you can pick inspection to put the shape you want around the dimension.

Jeff Toff

Thanks;
I am looking for the context that produces the results on a right click on a dimention. I would like to show the symbol in an ASCII text file that I import into a drawing. There would be a null dimension value within the symbol.
Jeff Ruff

Hey Jeff,

I have tried every combination on my keyboard using the @ key with other special characters and the only key I've found that puts a box around text is the @[ and the @]. As far as finding a keyboard combination that puts the rounded box around text, I've not found one yet. My suspicion is that you can not do what you want to do.

By the way, do you work in Mesquite?

SrGilberto

I have never seen a character string that would do that. I think you will have to create a custom symbol and insert it in your text string.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back